All organisations, no matter whether private, government or not-for-profit have one thing in common – they all take risk to achieve their goals.
Unfortunately, too many organisations either don’t have any formal approach to considering the risks they are taking, or they utilise forms of risk management that are below par. That is, they are not in line with the principles and guidelines of better practice as defined in AS ISO 31000.
The purpose of the course is to provide you with the requisite knowledge to design, implement and operate enterprise risk programs for the successful management of organisational risk.
Introducing AS ISO 31000:2018
- The course is aligned to the international standard on risk.
- The standard is a guideline for any organisation that can be adapted to suit the needs of the organisation.
- It provides principles, framework and process for managing organisational risk.
- Understand the principles that underlie an efficient and effective approach to the management of organisational risk and the value it brings to the organisation.
- Understand the core elements and benefits of a framework for integrating risk management into the governance and operations of an organisation.
- Understanding of the risk management process and how to apply it to organisations of differing size and complexity.
Format of the Course
Please note that this course is now being delivered online. Attendees will receive a zoom invitation to participate in the 'face-to-face' aspect of the course online after registering. We can assure you that despite being online, we provide a high quality experience presented by Bryan Whitefield, a leader in the risk industry and a certified virtual presenter. To view testimonials on the success of Bryan's online RMIA tutorials below.
- One Day Online Self-Paced Learning - Develop a technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops
- Clarify and embed technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Tips and tricks on enterprise risk management including on:
- Assessing the quality of an organisation’s approach to risk
- What makes a good risk assessment
- The key to communicating and consulting on risk
Part One: One Day Online Self-Paced Learning. All PAID registrants receive an email with details on how to get started. Please allow 6-8 hours to complete this component PRIOR to the two online workshops.
Part Two: Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops facilitated by Bryan Whitefield
Note: this can be done in sections allowing you to pick and choose when you work on the program in the lead up to the two half day online workshops.
RMIA ERM Course Testimonial - Stacey Berkman - NBN
RMIA ERM Course Testimonial - Vanessa Bentley - NBN
RMIA ERM Course Testimonial - Daniel Atkin - Integral Diagnostics
RMIA ERM Course Testimonial - Margo Richardson Mann - Sutherland Shire Council
RMIA ERM Course Testimonial - Perth
Enterprise Risk Management Course
Register now and get a free copy of my book, Risky Business: How Successful Organisations Embrace Uncertainty - the official handbook of the Enterprise Risk Management Course.
Duration: 6-8hrs self-paced, then 3.5 hours x 2 Half Day Online Learning Workshops
SESSION 1 (3.5 hours)
9:00am-12:30pm AEDT Thursday, 18 March 2021
SESSION 2 (3.5 hours)
9:00am-12:30pm AEDT Friday, 19 March 2021
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
Cost: AU$1,875 incl GST (RMIA Members) | AU$2,500 incl GST (Non-Members)
CPD Points: 12
Group Bookings: For Group Bookings, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 02 9400 9702.
Upcoming ERM Course Dates
- 18 & 19 March 2021, 9:00am-12:00pm AEDT
- 19 & 20 April 2021, 10:00am-2:00pm AEST
- 20 & 21 May 2021, 9:00am-12:30pm AEST
- 10 & 11 June 2021, 10:30am-2:00pm AEST
- 15 & 16 July 2021, 9:00am-12:30pm AEST
- 30 & 31 August 2021, 1:30pm-5:00pm AEST
- 23 & 24 September 2021, 10:00am-2:00pm AEST
- 14 & 15 October 2021, 10:00am-2:00pm AEDT
- 15 & 16 November 2021, 11:00am-2:30pm AEDT
- 6 & 7 December 2021, 1:30pm-5:00pm AEDT